Fortune Global 500 Insurance Company
Global Financial Consolidation & Transformation
A Fortune Global 500 Insurance company adopted a strategy of pursuing global expansion through acquisition. The company engaged RGP to provide tools to standardize, consolidate and analyze financial and operational results across the global enterprise.
How We Helped
We created a standard corporate ledger and Global Financial Data Architecture (GFDA), both of which support US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). Our International Finance Deployment Team collaborated with several hundred of the client’s technology and functional employees in Europe, Asia and Latin America to deploy a life-cycle project management methodology for achieving on-time, on-budget results.
Providing project governance, we collaborated with the client to:
- Develop a framework that helped the Client to ensure consistent definitions and implementation of business processes and technology.
- Manage issues, risk, dependencies and budget at the project and program level.
- Maintain a comprehensive communication plan for multiple financial system projects.
- Establish a web-based document repository (using RGP’s policyIQ® software)
- Promote team continuity.
In addition to serving as PMO and Rollout Lead at the Client’s international headquarters, we provided business analysis, testing, documentation and business process design assistance to respective finance teams in the UK, Ireland, Belgium, China, Australia, India, Brazil and Mexico.
Our approach to program management and stakeholder emotional engagement proved highly effective and helped the Client achieve:
- Quick, accurate analysis of financial and operational results and enhancement of management decision-making.
- Positioning of all international entities on one financial platform with one U.S. reporting standard, while maintaining compliance with local reporting requirements.