Subsidiary of a Fortune 50 Pharmaceutical Company
In order to elevate the quality of its service, a Fortune 50 pharmaceutical company subsidiary set out to transform its operating structure from silos (Sales, Clinical Education and Field Technical Service) to a more integrated approach, assigning customers dedicated representation from each of the three areas. They hired RGP to help make the transition.
How We Helped
Helping with PM and change management, we utilized a variety of delivery methods (e.g., classroom-based instruction; on-line education; and train-the-trainer programs) and engaged a broad range of tools and techniques (including role-play, hands-on education and videos) in order to complete the reorganization.
To ensure a smooth transformation, we developed and implemented highly effective communication, training and process evaluation programs. In addition, we mapped current processes from “as-is” to “to-be: states. In order to ensure success of the reorganization, we:
- Collaborated with Sales and HR VPs to roll out specific phases
- Assisted with the implementation of a new compensation plan
- Worked with the corporate team to set up the appropriate support (e.g., infrastructure, IT, training, supply chain, marketing, finance, education) for the new model
- Communicated changes to incentives, focus, success factors, best-in-class communication, autonomy and the reporting structure
- Assisted with process review and the integration of Sales and Service groups' Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems
- Created process maps for the technical service function and presented findings on areas for improvement
- Worked with client on means for Regional Reps and Sales Managers to achieve success
Additionally we ensured the client's long-term success by providing a plan for continuous feedback, measurement, maintenance, and predictive indicators to make sure that change sticks.