RESOURCES CONNECTION, INC.
GLOBAL ENVIRONMENTAL RESPONSIBILITY AND CLIMATE CHANGE POLICY
It is the policy of Resources Connection, Inc., and its subsidiaries (collectively, “RGP”) to operate its business as a responsible corporate citizen committed to sound environmental management and with concern for the well-being of our common environment. Our goal is to ensure that company facilities and operations meet and exceed environmental standards. We believe an appropriate balance can and should be achieved between environmental goals and economic health. This requires each RGP employee to participate in and accept responsibility for achieving the following goals:
- Operate our offices in an environmentally sound manner.
- Conserve natural resources by recycling materials, purchasing recycled materials when practical and reducing the amount of waste produced in the operation of our business.
- Reduce our impact on global climate change by encouraging lower greenhouse gas (“GHG”) emissions in ways ranging from less frequent business travel to smarter electricity usage and waste generation.
- Reduce the use of energy by employing improved energy conservation and energy efficiency practices through improved technologies and employee education.
- Sustainably use natural resources to ensure minimal impact on the quality of these resources.
RGP’s commitment to these goals includes the following specific elements:
- RGP’s offices will operate in an environmentally responsible manner and in compliance with environmental laws and regulations.
- RGP’s management will make environmental responsiveness and resource conservation an integral part of business management, and will support finding sound solutions to such environmental concerns that may arise.
- RGP will reduce its impact on the environment through local operations initiatives.
- RGP’s employees will work to reduce the company’s carbon footprint, where possible, and to promote sustainable consumption.
- RGP’s offices separate various commodities such as paper, metals (e.g. aluminum) and plastic products so they are properly recycled.
- RGP will shift from print based marketing and promotional materials to digital assets to help conserve natural resources.
- RGP offices in the U.S. provide an employee incentive program, the Commuter Benefits Reimbursement Account (Flex Spending Account), which encourages public transportation usage by helping save money on transportation and parking costs, thereby reducing transportation-related impacts of commuting, including GHG emissions.
- RGP’s offices utilize video conference meetings when practical to reduce GHG emissions and other effects of air travel.
As an international professional services firm with no manufacturing or product distribution activities, RGP’s environmental footprint is relatively small. However, RGP makes sensible and responsible environmental management an important initiative for our local offices. Each RGP office manages its activities consistent with the goals of this Policy. Although RGP has a relatively small environmental footprint, it is in RGP’s best interests, as a leading company in its industry, to set an example for environmental responsibility in order to mitigate risks for future generations. Each RGP employee is expected to work toward these goals and is encouraged to (1) advise his or her supervisor promptly of any situation that may be in conflict with this Policy and (2) propose any solution(s) that can support this Policy and further reduce RGP’s carbon footprint.